Heart Disease Community
right hand numbness

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

right hand numbness

I have numbness, usualy with mild tingling sensation in my right arm from the upper arm to the finger tips
for the past ten days.  Is this a typical sign of cardio vascular problem or are other ailment possible?  I don not feel dizzy or experience chest pains or discomfort.  My bp is at its highest in the morning at 135 to 145 over 80 to 90.
The arm sensation comes anytime of the day is not stress related.  What tests would you recomend to me?
Tags: numbness
I could have this wrong, but I think numbness in the left arm may be related to heart problems, including attack.  I think the right arm is (usually?) not involved as a symptom.

Are you active, or seated before the numbness comes on ?   You might try some simple right arm exercises a few times a day, not sure what, maybe just slowly raise your right hand above you head and back down a few times... see if that has any effect.  It may simply be you are some how cutting down the circulation due to the way you are "holding" your arm.

Of course if you are up and using your arms in a work effort then my suggestion isn't applicable.