Heart Disease Expert Forum
right ventricular conductive delay

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

right ventricular conductive delay

my 2 1/2 year old grandson was just dx with this. he goes for an echo this week. they already ruled out a murmer but won't say anything else till the next appt. could you give me some info on what it is, how serious or non serious it can be. what causes it and how is it treated pending the results. my son has hcm in left ven could there be a connection or is this someting different? thank you
gary
Gary,

I simply cannot speculate at all as to the implication of this finding.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.  I'll do some research on Monday to find out more.

thank you.
i can add to it by saying he went to the er due to a boo boo in his chest. the dr felt it was a muscle pull and they did an ekg in case. dr said it was ok but a week later my daughter was contacted that there is a problem.i watch my grandson during the day and he goes from sun up to sun down. never tires gets out of breath nor coughs. this was his thrid time withih 2 weeks that he complained of his chest. 1st time he was taken to his pedi dr his heart b4eat was120 which we were told was normal at this age and the dr thought it was just reflux. hope i added someting with this info.
thanks again
gary
ps this forum has helped me thru bypass and my son thru hcm. its great having you here!
Gary,

What I've confirmed today is that the echo is the next step.  If things are okay on the echo, then the finding of right ventricular conduction delay is likely benign.  However, some congenital malformations may lead to this ECG finding, thus the need for the echo.

I sincerely hope things are okay, and I'll keep your family in my thoughts.

Keep us posted.

good news you were right on the money. dr said the ekg was a normal variant in children. the preliminary echo reading showed nothing. they want to see him in 6 months, i guess for a follow up. if his chest hurts anymore they will put him on a holter.
thanks again for all your help
gary
Gary,

That's great news.

Thanks for the update.
A related discussion, information on rt ventricular conduction delay was started.