Heart Disease Community
seeking more info on coronary artery regeneration
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

seeking more info on coronary artery regeneration

I have had a quadruple bypass 6 1/2 years ago. Out of the clear blue i had another heart attack in October, followed by atrial flutter on thenksgivinng. They have now istalled 4 stents now in addition to the graaftsw from 6 yeqrs ago, My diet has been fairly  low fat withy mostly slow carbs and salads. I am a little concerned on this latest turn of events  as I thought I was doing well on cholesterol. Is there something else to look into in the way of diet?
Thanks

This discussion is related to Natural regeneration of new artery.
976897_tn?1379171202
Hi
There seems to be a fair bit of confusion out there regarding what causes heart disease. The reason they blame fat is simply because they find fat in the arteries but how the fat gets there is far more complex than imagined. Fat cannot dissolve in water, so it is sent around the blood in tiny vessels which we call protein lipids. Something is damaging these, or newer thinking is that due to the foods we eat, maybe we are producing higher volumes of other types of lipids. I remember my grandparents used to eat beef dripping on toast and they lived to their 90's. There are no records going back that far for lipid levels to match with, to see what is going on. What we unfortunately need is a time machine, to grab the national average lipid profiles from many decades ago and match them to today, so we can see where the changes are. You may want to watch sugar levels, if you're not already, because the heart disease increase profile seems to match the use of processed sugars perfectly. For example, with the introduction of cola in America, heart disease started to increase dramatically. They then incorporated salt to make you more thirsty, to purchase more and added even more sugar to hide the taste of the salt. This increased heart disease again. They blamed fats, so carb foods were packages but packed with sugars to make them taste better. In theory, eating fats shouldn't create a problem with arteries because the body is geared around handling fat. Without fat we die. So although fat is the substance causing the problem, there is another cause which is releasing the fat. Perhaps its the chemicals used in foods, perhaps the medications fed to domestic animals. Perhaps a mixture of bad diet and those things plus being exposed to high levels of stress for long periods of time. From 2007 to 2010 I was having stent after stent. After a failed triple bypass and ten stents I was virtually giving up. I went to relaxation classes to understand stress and how to deal with it, and I removed over 90% of sugar from my diet. Suddenly the stents stopped being required (so far). I do eat meat, and I don't monitor my fats anymore. I read that dairy fat is different in the body, which is great because I love cheese. It also explains how the French can eat tons of the stuff and not get heart disease. Dairy fats seem to produce a soapy fat in the intestines, which is very difficult for the body to absorb. Even though we call it saturated fat, it breaks down into a very different substance.
I hope some of this helps, it took me a long time to gather it and although the disease is still very much a mystery, I think I have found what works for me.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Top Heart Disease Answerers
63984_tn?1385441539
Blank
Flycaster305
97303, OR
976897_tn?1379171202
Blank
ed34
watford, United Kingdom
Blank
skydnsr
159619_tn?1318997813
Blank
erijon
Salt Lake City, UT
212161_tn?1418434895
Blank
heartfluttersflyawayplz
hoschton, GA
Blank
Occupant
IL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
Ger57 is alive Comment
2 hrs ago
Blank
fessie1080 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Dec 19
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
Study finds laundry detergent pods,...
Dec 19 by gymdandee
Heart Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979