septal hypokinesis
I am 47 years old. I had a ABN.EKG,was sent for more testing. The Dr. said I have a Ejection Fraction 50-55%,there is mild to moderate septal hypokinsis and mild tricuuspid regurgitation. I am having elective surgury next week. The  Dr. said it was fine, all this ment was I have a small heart defect and it was nothing. Can someone please explain all this to me. Thank you
Ejection fraction is the amount of blood pumped out of the left venricle with each heartbeat (normal EF is 55-75%).

Mild to moderate septal hypokinesis is decreased mobility of the septum (wall that separates the left and right heart chambers).

Mild tricuspid regurgitation: tricuspid valve is the opening for blood to flow from the right side of the heart's upper chamber (atrium) to the lower chamber (ventricle).  When the heart pumps blood from the right ventricle to the lungs the valve will close to prevent blood from flowing back into the atrium.  Mild regurgitation indicates some blood leaks back into the atrium.  Mild is considered medically insignificant and almost always no concern and no progression.