Heart Disease Community
sharp neck pain in left front side of neck...painful but quick?
About This Community:

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sharp neck pain in left front side of neck...painful but quick?

I am currently waiting on my ultrasound results from getting my gallbladder/kidneys/liver checked, due to right upper quadrant pain that radiates to my back shoulder blade.  Last night, this pain was underneath both shoulder blades.  As I sat down to dinner with my husband and kids, I got this horrible shooting pain in my neck - like a knife or a very tight squeeze into my neck vein (front left neck just under the jaw bone.) It was horrible and I couldn't talk. But just as quickly as it came it left. Probably lasted 30 seconds or so.  I consider myself to have a high pain tolerance, but my goodness.

I am not a typical angina suspect - 30.. healthy, low bmi.. but I do have a strong family history of angina. Would love to brainstorm possibilities..    felt weird going down to the doc's considering the pain left so quickly.

thanks in advance!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
363281_tn?1353103243
Lots of these pains can due to a vertebral subluxation, meaning a misplaced vertebra in your neck and back. I have those and when I am in need of a treatment, the pain is really bad. Also, sometimes costochondritits can cause these feelings.

If it keeps up, I would see your doctor however, and also a good chiro, they can really do amazing things at times.
Blank
Thanks a bunch SassyLassie!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
5851092_tn?1404137064
Blank
3D Imaging of my Heart from my CTA...
9 hrs ago by hefner33
5851092_tn?1404137064
Blank
hefner33 commented on Marathon Running Done...
11 hrs ago
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
Gross Things Beef Cattle Eat
14 hrs ago by gymdandee
Heart Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488_tn?1310696703