Heart Disease Expert Forum
side effect nuclear stress test
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

side effect nuclear stress test

On 1/6/11 had a nuclear stress test. Approximately 1/24/11, I developed  coldness/pain in my feet and legs.  Although this condition has improved, I still suffer from cold/prickly feet which awaken me EVERY night despite two pairs heavy socks and heavy covers.  Today is 3/22/11.  Could this injected substance have damaged my thyroid and caused this problem?  I was already on 120 mg of armour thyroid for "low thyroid" which I have taken for ten years?  WHAT CAN I DO TO CORRECT THIS SITUATION.  Until this stress test, which I should never have consented to, I was in excellent health.  Please help!!!  I am miserable.
Related Discussions
1621443_tn?1299329512
I am sorry to hear about your recent troubles. It sounds as if you may be having a problem with the nerves in your legs and I would doubt that your current problems have any relation the stress test that you had almost 4 months ago.

Problems such as neuropathy (which is most commonly associated with diabetes but can also be seen in a variety of other conditions) can give you symptoms similar to what you describe. It may be that you will require a test such as an EMG to evaluate the nerve function. Your primary care physician or a neurologist would be able to evaluate you and discuss things further.  
2 Comments
Blank
Per yesterday's lab work (3/30/11) I do NOT have diabetes.  The neuropathy began right after the stress test on  1/6/11 and has lasted almost four months.  Another culprit is the beta blockers (Toporal XL) which I took for a month in December. Theory is that it blocked my thyroid. I am now on 180 mg Armour thyroid trying to restore normalcy in my thyroid function.  I take no other meds. I have always enjoyed excellent health until the events described.  My heart is fine. Could the stress test have damaged my thyroidn functioning ?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank