Heart Disease Expert Forum
sinus tachycardia and lupus involvement

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

sinus tachycardia and lupus involvement

I have had lupus with organ involvement for about a year. Last time I visit the doctor he got a pulse of 160-170 ,so he did a
  ekg with showed sinus tachycardia he took me of all of med ( predninse, evil, plaquniell and other)to rule out med it did not stop my pulse
  i have been having severe chest pain under my breastbone that i feel in back and sometimes my left shoulder and neck , they last anywhere
  from ten to twenty minutes long they are very painful sometimes i have several of them sometimes just one i do not have them every day about
  four to five days a week the chest pain has been going on since May.The doctor put me on beta blocker the lowest dose- but could not take them
  due to my low blood presssure ( it run around 80/50 or 90/60) the beta blockers caused me to faint and blood pressure fall to 39 on bottom
  He is now sending me to Cardialogist. I woulld think if heart is involved the chest pain would stay and not come and go is this right.
  Also my pulse is staying anywhere from 120-170 , and i'm not active at all due to the lupus pain. I am 26,non-smoker and non-drinker and my
  weight is 130 and i'm 5 "10". I think i'm to young to have heart problems , unless it is the lupus
  can you please tell what this is probalby and is it due to lupus, and if not serious i don't want to persue it due to that I have no insurance
  and have a large hospital bill now.the chest pain have been getting worse and more often and longer also i stay short of breath all the time
  Thanks in advance to your answer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
Dear Lesley,
Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately we are unable to make diagnoses in this forum.  Lupus can cause chest pain but this may or may not be the source of your problems.  I would suggest seeking care at a medical school or county hospital and explain your financial situation to them.  All hospitals are required by law to treat you in an emergency and most are willing to work out a payment plan for non-emergent care.  Good luck.
I hope you find this information useful.  Information provided in the heart forum is for general purposes only.  Only your physician can provide specific diagnoses and therapies.  Please feel free to write back with additional questions.
If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter.  The Heart Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your cardiac problem.