Heart Disease Expert Forum
skipped heartbeats

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

skipped heartbeats
I have been have what seems like dropped heartbeats. I have not been to a doctor yet because I am afraid. I have been reading everybody blogs and it seems just like what everyone else is experiencing. I seem to get them when I sit down and rest or after eating a meal, but when up and walking around I feel nothing. I don't feel any side effects from the drop beats like dizziness, headaches, chest pain etc... I heard that sleep apena can cause drop beats. Really worried not sure what to do.
You should see an internist or a cardiologist if possible. What you describe might be due to frequent PVCs, which by itself is mostly benign (uncomfortable, of course).  However, occasionally when many PVCs come together you might have more problems.  I recommend an EKG, an echocardiogram and possibly a holter to record how many PVCs, if any, you are expereiencing when you have the "skipping" sensation.  Good Luck!
i'm not a doctor so i can't tell you what your problem is, but what i can tell you is that i have been where you are at the moment with being scared to see a doctor. But trust me you will feel better after seeing a doctor who will be able to test you and then give you the help that you may need. I know it's scary, i still get scared and nervous when i go to my doctor.
If you are getting dizzy and having pains then you should go and seek medical advice from your family doctor or a cardio Dr. If you are really worried about seeing a Dr then take a family member or a friend with you for some support. Good luck with everything and don't be scared. You will be fine.
I feel fine other then these drop heart beats. I have been eating lighter meals and it seems to help. I have had them for two years now, but in the past week it seemed to get worse and now has calmed down some. I am going to see a heart doctor asap and get some answers. Thank you for the positive feed back.  
I was having a hormonal imbalance since January 2012. I had to get on Depo Provera to stop the constant period. My skipped heartbeats have been better since my 2nd injection and changing my diet, dropping caffeine, and taking a half of a water pill. So far my palpitations are at bay.