Heart Disease Expert Forum
slow heartbeat and thumping in throat
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

slow heartbeat and thumping in throat

Hi,

Lately i have really been nervous about how my heart feels. When i stand up or sit down my heart feels like it slows down and pumps hard, i also get a feeling in my throat at the base between my collar bone, it feels strange when my heart beats like that. could the feeling in my throat be heart related?

I have also checked my pulse at night and it has dropped into the mid 50's while im lying down. What could cause this, and is it dangerous?
About a year ago i had multiple ecg's, blood tests, and a chest x-ray. everything was normal. should i go back for more testing?

Any advise would be great. also i have no health insurance
Related Discussions
242508_tn?1287427246
This sounds like extra heart beats which are typically benign.  With the normal work up in the recent past I would not be too concerned about this.  Sometimes medications such as beta blockers or calcium channel blockers can help with the extra beats.  When these beats begin to cause a great deal of symptoms, we consider taking such patients to the EP lab for a potential ablation of those abnormal foci in the heart.  In the meantime,  you should also avoid caffeine, alcohol, stress, etc.  Having a heart rate in the 50's while at rest is completely normal.  
2 Comments
Blank
Thank you for the reassurance. Not sure if you will read/reply to this post again, but i went to the ER last night because i felt strange almost passed out heavy thumping heart. Long story short ecg was fine, but they also had me on a IV drip 2 bags, when i was done my thumping heart stopped and i felt better. Can dehydration be the culprit?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank