Heart Disease Expert Forum
spontaneous coronary artery dissection(SCAD)

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Im a patient of this rare hart disease , many people who now sadly have died of maybe sudden death syndrome have now been found to have been suffering of scad ....im now in the studies of the mayo clinic in America..and glenfield hosp in  Leicester, in the uk.....i survived!!!!..i was 42 healthy non smoker, nor drinker and had a heart attack while driving..and again in the evening....eventually was taken to papworth....im now under a lot of medication....anyway for peeps who arnt aquainted with scad...i had scad lad....my lateral artery had split over my heart...length ways....and it could happen again...
my scad lad was due hereditary........i was a lucky one..
no enough is known of this condition
have you heard of this heart disease???
look it up on ....fb .
1 Comment
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi Jinksy,
Spontaneous coronary artery dissection is a well known (but indeed quite rare!) phenomenon that is actually associated with several known vascular diseases/disorders.  Often times, however, no associated vascular or genetic disorder can be identified and a true "cause" is not known.  You are certainly right that this can be life threatening, as the dissection of the artery creates a flap that can obstruct blood flow to the heart (the same process that causes a heart attack in patients with cholesterol plaques that rupture/clot, its just a different mechanism of blood flow obstruction!).  Make sure that you ask your physician if you have been screened/tested for some common vascular disorders like Marfan syndrome and Lewis-Deitz syndrome as these (and other similar disorders) can be associated with aneurysms or dissections elsewhere in the body.  If you are being seen at Mayo and your hospitals back in the UK, I'm sure they have checked into those processes.  Have a good one.