statins
I just had a ct64 scan with a 0 score. I do have high chlorestal and had for years. My bp is normal.
I felt just fine. I now take lipitor 10mg and niaspam 1000mg daily. I have no other problems.
I ache now in back and feet. I think since I don't have any plaque I could just take the niaspam1000mg and not take the lipitor. What's your thoughts on this?
That is what I would do.  Show the results of your ct64 scan to your doctor if he did not order that scan because some doctors have a tendency to keep you on statins even if you are hurting.

I don't know how old you are, but it takes decades for cholesterol to clog up your arteries, this is what a doctor told me, not the Internet.

Of course people who never had the scan to see if their arteries are clogged up, and if they have high cholesterol doctors put them on statins to prevent clogging or further clogging.  
That's great that your CAC score was zero. Wow am I envious. I agree with Barbarella that since you have no plaque, you can do without the lipitor, especially if you are having back and feet problems.

What's your total cholesterol value?  My total cholesterol was about 210 but my CT-A gave a CAC of 739.  I'm now on zokor and cholesterol is down to 151. No side-effects yet.

Good luck