stent failing symptoms

My husband is of 40 years old and last year he had undergone angioplasty as there is 90% block in one of the vein. He is alright now but he gets easily stressed out, lot of sweating and increased in weight. Doctor advised him to do exercises daily but he never did.

Are these symptoms due to fail of stent? Is there any danger to life now? What is the next step now?
Does he need to undergo angiogram to find out the problem?
Please clarify my doubts.

thanks & regards,
Lakshmi
It could certainly be possible that his blockage is back. Sweating is indeed a symptom of heart trouble.  However, the medications that your husband now in all probability takes can cause anxiety and an increase in  weight.  However, he needs to exercise.  

If it were me, I'd ask for a stress test before I'd have another angiogram, but I certainly would contact the doctor and and have this checked out.

In my opinion, the value of exercise is twofold... first, exercise strengthens the heart.  Second, regular exercise can tell me if I'm having chest pressure and if I'm having trouble breathing, both of which tells me when I'm getting blockages.  I have quite a number of stents and I believe that regular exercise has been a lifesaver to me as I can determine when blockages are occuring.  
Hi, I am one month old to this forum and have benefited from advices I received from some of the forum members. Its a great place. One things which I am not able to understand so far is "Whether exercise will help a patient who is recovering from an ischemic heart attack(without having adverse effect on weak heart)?"

In my case, and this is what you have also mentioned in your above reply, I had been gradually developing my walking capacity post MI(ischemic heart attack) in auagust 2007 and reached a level of 1.5 milesx2 daily(35minutesx2) by December 2007. I am on betablockers, ACE-I and other blood thinning and cholostrol control drugs. I have LV dysfunction with EF of 30-35% and hypokinesis of LV walls. I attend my office 5 days a week and I was not feeling tired.

My recent Echo showed EF of 30% and dilation of LV and LA(there was some LA dilation in earlier echo also but not LA). I took opinion of a cardiologist, different from my regular one, who adviced me not to walk much and take rest at home. He adviced me to take leave from my work for few months and take rest. He also adviced me to to cut down my coreg from 18.75mgx2 daily to 6.25mgx2.

This is now bothering me. Have I overworked my heart post MI by walking and going to work?? Could this have resulted in my reduced EF and dilation of LV and LA. My pulse is 70-75 at rest and BP is 110/70. I otherwise feel OK and at present do not feel tired.(Looks like I have overcome tired and fatigue a month back when I increased my coreg).

Now should I walk?? How much?? So as to get the benefit of walking but not overworking my heart. My regular cardiologist has recommended walking and going to work. What is your experience and suggestion??

Thanks in advance.
I would fault the lack of exercise, and subsequent weight gain rather than failure of the stent.  Is he at least eating a pretty healthy (lowfat) diet?

I have a cousin who is in the same boat--just refuses to follow his doctor's advice.  The doctor told his wife to consider buying a big insurance policy on him, because it won't be long until she will collect.  

I realize that this is kind of blunt, and will likely be deleted pretty quickly, but we have to at least try to help the doctors in their attempts to help us.
I really have no idea.  We have similiar problems, and I've been encouraged to moderate my exercise because of left venticular enlargement.  Your EF is lower than mine.  I'd probably try and get yet another opinion, but if you are feeling OK my guess is that your exercise isn't hurting you.