Heart Disease Community
stent in heart

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

stent in heart

My wife, she is 30 years old, last year, She faced problem of heart pain, in angiography, there was 80% blockage in main artery.

The suggestion from the Doctors was only angioplasty with stenting. was it right suggestion ?
One drug-eluting stent was placed in main artery of heart.

What can be next step ? So that we can take right step in future.

What type of problems we can face in future with stent and how we can resolve this problem ?

regards
If medication opens the occlusion sufficient enough to avoid a stent, that would be the better option.  Eighty percent is/was not that severe, but it can be problematic.

DES present a risk of forming a clot up to a year or more and consensus is plavix and and aspirin for that period of time and then a regimen of aspirin.  Also there is a risk of restenosis with DES.
My boyfriend had to make the same decisions for himself just this past year. I think that the stent was a good idea. Just make sure that she is taking a prescribed medication and also something else that some doctors do not tell you is to make sure that she takes a 81mg aspirin a day. They forgot to tell my boyfriend that not only did he need to take Plavix for a while to help with the stent but he need to be taking the aspirin.
Thanks for the valuable replies,

Now 1.5 year has gone passed, she is taking continue medications, taking care of her diet, also doing continue excercises and she has lost her 10 Kg. weight also during this period. check-up of Lipid profile and Blood Pressure is also appreciatable.

But, I have lot of tension about this stent, as there is no idea for next step.
What can be permanent cure for this problem, Is there any operation, so that we can get rid of this stent ?
What type of steps can be in my future, can anyone give me ideas ?

Regards,
Sandeep
Once there is a stent implant, medication will not help for any lesion at the site of the original stent.  Requires another stent or open heart surgery for a bypass.  A bypass can be problematic as the harvested stent is susceptible to a lesion, etc. as the original vessel.  The best option is to void interventional therapy as long as medication is effective.

There is no cure although there is a belief by some people that some medication can reverse CAD due to plaque. The advice to stop or delay CAD is to follow a heart healthy diet, exercise regimen, avoid stressful situations (i.e. workplace), etc. is the usual recommendation.  It works for me.  I have a totally blocked LAD and 72% blocked circumflex for more than 5 years...currently very good blood pressure, heart rate under control, lipid levels couldn't be better, proper weight, etc. and I couldn't feel better.