Heart Disease Community
stents

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

stents

Is it typical to have blockage in same artery that has just had stent put in 2 mo. ago?  Should'nt it last longer than that?
Not necessarily.  Keep in mind I'm not a doctor or medical professional so I'm expressing an opinion.  I've had a total of eight stents installed, and five of them are in the RCA artery.  I'm guessing you have been diagnosed with a second blockage in the same artery... is the stent blocked or is the blockage in another location?  I have what my Cardiologist refers to as 'extremely aggressive CAD' in that artery, even though my cholesterol and Trigliceride levels are perfect.  Are you taking Plavix and/or 81mg aspirin therapy?  Another question... some stents are coated to prevent restinosis (blockages) and some are bare metal stents, but sometimes the coated stents will plug up, especially if one isn't taking a blood thinning drug. I have both.  Coated stents are thicker and because my heart arteries are small, most of my stents are bare metal.  
I'm betting this is confusing to you.  It's a confusing issue.  My suggestion is to become as well educated as you can regarding Cardiac Artery Disease (CAD).  These forums really help, just offer as much information as you can about your situation and people will respond.  My best wishes to you, hope you keep posting.  
It was typical for me.  I was 3 for 3 with my first 3 stents getting re-clogged at 2 months.

I was pretty disappointed...............

But, I got over it...