Heart Disease Community
stents
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

stents

Is it typical to have blockage in same artery that has just had stent put in 2 mo. ago?  Should'nt it last longer than that?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
63984_tn?1385441539
Not necessarily.  Keep in mind I'm not a doctor or medical professional so I'm expressing an opinion.  I've had a total of eight stents installed, and five of them are in the RCA artery.  I'm guessing you have been diagnosed with a second blockage in the same artery... is the stent blocked or is the blockage in another location?  I have what my Cardiologist refers to as 'extremely aggressive CAD' in that artery, even though my cholesterol and Trigliceride levels are perfect.  Are you taking Plavix and/or 81mg aspirin therapy?  Another question... some stents are coated to prevent restinosis (blockages) and some are bare metal stents, but sometimes the coated stents will plug up, especially if one isn't taking a blood thinning drug. I have both.  Coated stents are thicker and because my heart arteries are small, most of my stents are bare metal.  
I'm betting this is confusing to you.  It's a confusing issue.  My suggestion is to become as well educated as you can regarding Cardiac Artery Disease (CAD).  These forums really help, just offer as much information as you can about your situation and people will respond.  My best wishes to you, hope you keep posting.  
Blank
It was typical for me.  I was 3 for 3 with my first 3 stents getting re-clogged at 2 months.

I was pretty disappointed...............

But, I got over it...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition