Heart Disease Community
sternum pain post by-pass

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

sternum pain post by-pass

I had by-pass for 4 blocks in aug..1998. ever since then i am having sternum pain. it has been increasing. when i lie down in the night it used to be less. i sleep on sleeping pill.no pain killer works. doctors advised me to keep engaged.but my problem is i am retired  74 years oldand have no great work. i took away three steel rings on the top of the tie-up of the sternum. no relief.. for the by pass veins from the chest were used. doctor teied libotrip an d other tranquilisers. no great use.. i had done scanning and mrp. nothing was seeen. i suffer also from cervical spondilosys
is there any treatment,medicine for this in India.

This discussion is related to Sternum pain after By-pass Surgery.
I am sorry to hear you are in such pain. I have good and bad news, good: eventually mine numbed out, bad, it took for ever to numb and even though its more numb it is beyond sensitive still. It has been almost 8 years since my surgery and my sternum has never been nor Im told will ever be the same.
I suggest physical therapy and accupuncture.
thanks for your mes. i had undergone phisio and also accupuncture and accupressure. what medicine did you use to make the place benumbed i want the drug name so that i can try to buy it in india. p.r.krishnamoorthy
I am Dr. Arch S. Miller III. I am on the reconstructive surgery forum. I note that your pain is likely sternal instability. This is a very common problem. The best way to evaluate this is to get a 3D CT scan. If your sternum is loose, then you should have it fixed since your life is being harmed by it. Please go to the web site, rapidsternalclosure.com. There you will see a novel new way of fixing sternal instability. Dr. Choong of Cambridge University in the UK is currently doing studies on the device and can help you. This device is called the talon and employs rigid fixation. I hope you can find relief of your problem. You may also contact me or DR. Scott Levin of Duke University. Respectfully,

arch s miller ms md facs
I had cabg done 3 months ago and now have a burning pain on the left side of my sternum, is this normal ??  or can it  be treated
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
LindaTX commented on photo
bcmsmom is back Comment
Foam Rolling
May 23 by gymdandee