Heart Disease Community
stomach problems

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

stomach problems

I have been having stomach issues for about 3-4 months....started on a trip...went to a buffet dinner..shortly after went outside for walk almost immediately got hot, sweaty, heart rate increased, stomach and body feeling very weird...went back to room but continued to be fevered and stomach upset for two three hours...went to emergency and they did EKG and bloodwork (think they were looking for gallbladder) - all results came back fine...about a week after the first incident, I had exactly the same symptoms at home (may have been food related since I had been eating very bland after first attack and that day ate things not so bland) started about 7 pm and continued until around 2 am - since then, I have stomach ache, stomach tightness (like clenching muscles all day) and a kind of gnawing all in the middle of stomach around belly button alternates between - longest time was about 10 straight days without stomach issues.  Had chili  two days in a row and ended up vomiting - also went out for lunch on day and had a hot turkey open faced sandwich - ate the sandwich and almost immediately after had to go to the bathroom - for the next two hours stomach upset and bathroom twice - another time had cramps and runs - after this, I have been eating very blandly - thinking maybe a food intolerance - so no bread, just chicken, rice, vegetables, fruit - no alcohol. I went to my doctor and bloodwork done for heart, thyroid, liver, cholesteral, diabetes and all results came back fine (again looking for gallbladder, but liver showed nothing abnormal)...last visit to the doctor, prescribed Zantex 150 - twice a day for 6 weeks - it has now been three weeks and this is the longest my symptoms had been absent....I should note that my diet continues to be very bland....since I am afraid to rock the boat symptom wise - I had almost convinced myself that I had celiac disease or a food intolerance, but now I am unsure.  Because I always thought that acid reflex issues were heartburn, burning in the throat, I cannot believe that my stomach symptoms were caused by acid reflux - has anyone else experience these symptoms?  I have recently given blood to be tested for pancreas and H. Pylori (no results yet) and have an upper GI x-ray scheduled.  
Ive had these symptoms recently, I was diagnosed with acid reflux too. It makes you feel hot to where i have to take my clothes off. I believe though your first symptoms could as well be food poison related. I also had food poisoning and had G.I issues. also try to eat a high fiber diet it may help you with the G.I problems, help to clean the colon and absorb more wast in your body. hope this info helps your situation
Avatar n tn
Thanks so much for you response to my post....Glad to hear that someone else had a similar experience....I was almost to the point that I thought I was losing my mind.....after three months, all anyone had to ask me was how are you feeling and I would be into the crying....started to feel like an idiot.  yes, I agree with the hot feeling you mentioned.....you may also be right about the first symptoms being food poisoning...since I have really had only those two bad episodes in the beginning....my diet has dramatically changed in the last few months.....and I will continue to eat healthy....appreciate you words.....thanks again.  How did they diagnose the acid reflux?