Heart Disease Expert Forum
stress test

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

stress test

My cardiologist has scheduled me for a stress test, is there any other option unfortunatly the past three I have ended up with a terriable headache that each time is worse than the one before I was unable to function for thee day,.  after the last stress test in august 2012 she ended up take me to the cath lab to find out the stent they place 4 month before was at 60 % blocked the others were between 30 and 40% blocked, I have 12 stents the longest I 've gone is 13  months with out having one placed. Any suggest would be appericated thanks in advance.
It really depends on your symptoms and functional status.  If you have had no change in these it may not be necessary to have yearly stress tests but you should discuss this with your physician.  Also if you are able to walk on a treadmill you can avoid the medications that are given in pharmacologic stress tests that are likely causing your headaches.