survival of a baby born with hole in heart
my friend was born with a hole in his heart .... but he is surviving and his age is somewhere around 20's .... will this cause any problem to him in future ... ???
My daughter was born with 2 septal defects (sometimes called murmers).  Although in her case it was related to a congenital defect of a valve, the information I learned about them gave me comfort.  In most cases they are not life threatening and in many cases continue to grow and form to a proper closure.  Essentially this causes a mixing of the blood.  The heart has 2 basic sides, 1 for pre-oxygenation (from the body to the lungs-blue blood) and 1 post-oxygenation (from the lungs to the body-red blood).  If blood moves from one side to the other it will either not get fully oxygenated or will get re-oxygenated.

In my daughters case they removed the septum (heart chamber wall) all to gether to give here greater oxygenation.

Hope this helps!
~Aaron M