Heart Disease Community
swelling of ankle and left foot condition -verapamil

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

is there any real cure for swelling ankles and feet. im on verapamil ccb 120mg daily with bystolic 2.5 mg daily and spirolactone . im allergic to most dieuetics ?  here is my problem-  for the past two weeks, my left foot and ankle have been swollen big time .. I had last year a operation for melanoma on my toe - skin graffs done ok- it healed fine and im ok - but cardio doctor keeps me on verpamail ccb  as I have some palpations off and on ?  well since the verapamil at this dose, ankle and foot and belly swelling - its now effecting the location of the operated on toes
and bleeds slightly from expanding skin - my b.p is normal at 128 over 81 pulse 76 bpm daily - also when operated on had two limpnodes removed -  according to internet reports, if a limpnode is removed, swelling can happen more so than before! as weak imune system ?  should ask to go on the bystolic up dose and lower dose to like 60mg verapmil or less.. daily to keep the swelling down ?  as before it went down ok like that.   but couldnt take the nightmares from bystolic at night !!     what to do  im at a loss again !!!!!!!  
im even thinking of going to the local ER and haveing my foot drained of fluid .. its that bad !!

thanks for any input..  im in los angeles california usa -  im not a happy camper with doctors here !!
Not if this answers your question but I will try.

Since 1997,with my Quadruple By-Pass,I was very good at recooperating,from surge
ry.In the year 2000,my Aortic Valve began leaking blood.My feet and ankles swelled.
The Cardilogist I had at the time only gave a one medicine to take the swelling out.To
say the least,ten years later,I am still taking the pill.Only in 2007,did I quit taking the
medicine.(Now I am taking the same medicine again since 2008,and the swelling persist.
    In 2007,I lost eighty pounds,and the ankles and feet,needed no medicine at all.I was
again able to wear shoes and boots again.I had a new Heart Valve,put in,in 2008.The
swelling has again returned.for the last two years and a half,I have regained my weight.
Now I am trying to lose it all again,with the same medicine.So I have began trying to do
what I did before. I walk as much as I can,everyday,at least two tree miles or more a day.
I watch my diet.
    Now again,my swelling,goes up and down.The more I walk,the less swelling I have.
While I am walking,my shoes become very loose,as when I begin they are very tight,.
When I lose the swelling,it can be seen,in the ankles ,feet and thighs.
    I never have gone to get my legs or feet drained,and its perhaps only a repeat process
which does not make the swelling permanent as walking ,leg exercises,and diet,do.
   This is what works for me.I have no doctors now.I am living in China,temporarily.
       Wgang