symptoms of Thoracic aortic aneurysm
can the symptoms of  Thoracic aortic aneurysm  come and go ? (i.e. stays for a whole day or couple of days then disappears for weeks and then reappears) ? if NO .. then tell me what other disease cause "shortness of breath, hoarseness, and chest pain,neck,jaw pain"

Most people with aortic aneurysms, especially ones in the chest area (thoracic aortic aneurysms ), do not have symptoms. Symptoms may occur if and when the aneurysm gets bigger and puts pressure on surrounding organs.

Shortness of breath can relate to a heart condition if the heart is not pumping enough oxygenated blood into circulation as well as many other causes.

Aneurysm can cause hoarsness.  Other causes are numberous

•Allergies
•Coughing (may be caused by allergies or diseases such as bronchitis)
•Excessive use of alcohol or tobacco
•Excessive use of the voice (as in shouting or singing)
•Gastroesophageal reflux
•Inhaling irritating substances
•Laryngitis
•Prolonged or excessive crying (in children)
•Viral illness

Other causes include:
•Aneurysms of the upper aorta
•Bronchoscopy or other tests (temporary)

Chest pain can be due to cornary artery disease.  Some blockage of a vessel decrease an adequate supply of blood/oxygen to an area of the heart will cause the symptoms chest pain, jaw pain.

Thanks for your reply.. but would you be kind enough to tell me more that WHEN the symptoms have started (in thoratic aortic aneurysm) are they long lasting until they are treated? or do the symptoms resolve on their own on the passage of time without any medical treatment ?

Furthermore can you tell me what is the likelihood of a 25 years old guy (who has no history of smoking) can have thoratic aortic aneurysm ?

Thank you
The orginal size of the aorta varies depending on gender, body size, etc. The orginal size can be determined by measuring the size of the vessel that is normal.  Charts show an aorta of 4.0cm is an aneurysm.  

The growth rates of thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms were 0.42 and 0.28 cm/year respectively. Aneurysms at the aortic arch grew at a faster average rate (0.56 cm/y) than aneurysms arising at other levels, even when the rate was corrected for the initial diameter. It is recommended that thoracic aortic aneurysms, especially aortic arch aneurysms, be followed frequently with CT examination of size.

There is bicuspid aorta valve syndrome (BAV).  Its congenital and the condition is a two leaflet aorta valve (instead of three).  Problems develop in the third and fourth decade of life with the growth of an aneursym.  BAV is a tissue disease and the aorta is vulnerable and the root to an aneurysm and sometimes the aorta valve requires replacement as well.  

BAV is a progessive disease, and any over sized aorta will not reduce in size on its own or with medication.  If there is an aneursym, control of blood pressure is necessary and heavy lifting that may spike bp should be avoided.

The sitatistics is not very high for having aneursym but not uncommon.  With BAV there is an increased risk.

I was tol by a doctor years ago that my tricuspid valve only has 3 leafletts