Heart Disease Expert Forum
tachycardia after eating
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

tachycardia after eating

Has there been any help for people suffering from tachycardia after ingesting any foods, more so high in fat, but not always. For a month now I been suffering from 140 bpm, sever anxiety, shortness of breath, numbness in lips and mouth area, and light bloating. I quit smoking years ago, decaf since the first episode. Kind of scary I have a two year old and would like to see him grow up. Been to a MD said everything looks healthy, as far as, endocrine, thyroid etc. 30 y.o Former Marine so pretty healthy guy. Taking 1mg Ativan for the anxiety seems to help little.  
I'm sorry to hear about your medical troubles.  It's unclear whether your problem is one primarily of the heart or whether the tachycardia is responsive to some other process. One option would be to have your doctor give you a heart rhythm monitor to take home. People can wear them for between 24 hours to a week. This way, you could monitor your heart rate and your doctor can see whether you have a heart rhythm disorder. You should also keep a symptom journal to share with your doctor. For example, to note whether you have diarrhea or loose stool after these episodes.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank