terrified of fluctuating high blood pressure..highest in AM
36 yo female here; severe anxiety and major depression. I've struggled with periodic health fears since I was 10 years old. Most recently, I've been absolutely terrified about diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, etc starting in November when I had to go through another round of re-testing for possible recurrence of thyroid cancer. The testing went on for several months and my anxiety has spiralled out of control. My thyroid hormones have been fluctuating between hypo and hyper during this time. I was recently switched to a higher dose of thyroid.
My blood pressure for the past few weeks has fluctuated between 117/78 and 158/95 during times of high anxiety. My Dr. has had me checking the BP 3X/day (increasing my anxiety and health fears). He just put me on Lisinopril.
Is it possible that these high readings are just because of anxiety, not sleeping, and/or depression? If so, will the Lisinopril hurt me or cause high BP if I take it? If I can't get my anxiety under control, am I doomed to die of high blood pressure?
hey i have been threw 3 months of he-- and my bp was up and down it went from 166/98 to 93/51 yes anxiety can control your bp hight when anxiety, when ever i go drs office its always hight they take it twice when i come home and take it its normal so dont worry to much about that . and yes get the anxiety under control and bp will go back to normal good luck . hang in there