Heart Disease Community
terrified

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

terrified

Hi, im a 33 yo men, chest pain every day with nausea and a feeling of impending doom, all ecgs and holter were  normal, until 1 month ago i went to ER with the same pain and nausea and this unexplained anxitety, and my bp were very high they quickly made an ecg and in a matter of seconds the activated a heart attack protocol i was scared to death!! anyway they left me in the hospital. and the next day my internist and my cardiologyst told me that i didnt had a heart attack nor small or big, they run some blood test and echocardiogram, holter and bam i got out.....since that day i have the same symptoms every day i went 2 weeks after that weird event with the same symptoms to a clinic, i was sure i was having an attack, they made a ecg, and he dr told me it was normal.. i keep having this horrible symptoms and im so affraid of hospitals now.. should id be worried if cardiologist told me the tests were good the only thing i understand in the results is that ejection fraction is in 70%. please help!!!
I'm glad you went in and were checked. They ran several tests to make sure everything was fine in terms of your heart. They did blood work because a heart attack will throw off certain enzymes in your blood and that will show up with a couple of blood draws. But it was all in the normal range.

I can only share a story, something my husband went through. He felt terrible one evening, similar symptoms as yours. He was having trouble breathing, felt light headed, had chest pain and nausea. He wasn't sure what it was but it felt bad. So he went in to be checked. Because of his age they immediately thought it was a heart attack. Started doing tests, even gave him nitro. After all was done, they realized his heart was in great condition. It turned out to be a major anxiety attack. What caused it? Who knows? It took him by surprise as well.

Your symptoms may be tied to some severe anxiety. Not sure what has triggered it in your case. You might be able to make a connection somewhere but obviously you don't want to go on never knowing when it will hit again. Talk to your doctor. Maybe s/he can recommend someone to help you sort this out. It doesn't mean you're  "crazy." So don't even think that. But our bodies will react to certain things going on in our lives, stressors and such, and then you will have these times of feeling like you're going to die. Please do check back with your doctor. You shouldn't have to live like this.