Heart Disease Community
tightness chest neck

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

tightness chest neck

I have had 3 episodes over the past several months of tighness in the middle of my chest through my neck and lower jaw.  It is not painful exactly, but feels like a muscle spasm I have no control over.  All three episodes have occurred when I was sitting quietly at a computer and lasted less than 5 minutes.  I have no shortness of breath, nausea or other symptoms.  I am a 60 yo female in good health.  BP/weight are normal and I run 10 miles a week. Cholesterol is high but HDL/LDL ratio is high (low risk).  The only meds I take are Actonel and Lexapro.  
Are my symptoms indicative of heart disease or could they be caused by something else.
I would take a guess here....just food for thought that threw a red flag at me while i was reading your post.....you said that the pains kept occuring while you are sitting quietly at your computer...i'm better on just that.....it may simply be that you are not changing your position every thirty minutes like we are supposed to or standing up and stretching.  It could be the position that you are holding your head in, not moving your neck, or the chest area.  I always do the touch test for myself when i get concerned....if i feel a random pain in those areas i take my index finger and press between the ribs and along side of my neck...if it is an "ouch" moment i know what the culprit is.....if it doesn't that should be the flag that you should make an appt. with your doc.....i;m with you on the spasming tho.....i guess the question is do you spend long periods of time at the computer?  With no other symtoms (symptoms) i would say you are fairly safe but as i always say if in doubt call the doc..................