Heart Disease Expert Forum
tortuosity of the Aorta

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

tortuosity of the Aorta

I have been diagnosed with tortuosity of the Aorta. Is this treatable, and what can I do to keep it from getting worse?
It is usually the result of either hypertension or progression of atherosclerosis. This is treatable in the sense that if you treat the underlying cause (either hypertension or atherosclerosis or both) you can limit its progression. In a sense this is a marker for Coronary artery disease, as the same process in usually occurring in the coronaries.
1 Comment