trace of mitral regurgitation
I was just told that I have a heart murmur and was sent for an echo.  It came back with trace mitral regurgitation.  They told me not much to be concerned, but I do occasionally have a irregular heart beat, meaning it will go fine, then 'pause' then start back to rhythem.  When this happens, I can usually feel it.  I also get short of breath for no reason at all often.  Should I be concerned?
Trace mitral regurgitation is practically a normal finding.  The equipment they use is so sensitive that it picks up the slightest anomalies (i.e. regurgitation).  With a structurally normal heart, the occasional irregular beats are almost always benign.  Since you just had an echocardiogram, I'd say you shouldn't worry : )

Take care!
P.S.  If it continues to nag at you, call the doctor's office and let them know you have some irregular beats and occasional SOB.  I really, really think everything is fine.
I think you should voice your concerns to your cardiologist. If you are still going to a gp with this, stop and get a cardiologist. Ask your gp if he/she knows of a good one. It is important, no matter how little the finding, to have regular echo's. Your cardiologist will tell you at what intervals these should occur.

It never hurts to err on the side of caution. Read my journal to see what I'm talking about...

http://www.medhelp.org/user_profiles/show/552012
Colleen