Heart Disease Community
treatment for afib with cardizem cd and tambocor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

I am a 40 year old man that was diagnosed with atrial fibrilation this past August.  Prior to the diagnosis I experienced many episodes of a fib ---one lasting 12 hours and I converted with the help of IV meds.  I was an avid runner and in excellent physical condition prior to the diagnosis and not on any medication.  I am being treated with both Tambocor 100 mg twice a day and Cardizem CD 180mg once a day.  After starting the treatment the a fib episodes did not occur except for one 2 hour episode 3 days ago.  One thing I have noticed is shortness of breath especially in the middle of my day or in the middle of the night---about 6 hours after taking my meds.  Does anyone experience the same breathing issue? And, is just tambocor 100mg alone a good treatment or is it common to be on both of the meds? I have never been on just Tambocor and I am considering talking to my doctor about discontinuing Cardizem CD.

This discussion is related to TAMBOCOR AND A-FIB.