Heart Disease Community
tricuspid regurgitation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

tricuspid regurgitation

Recently i have been having symptoms such as sever fainting or dizzyness through exercise and fatigue. I have Low blood pressure that drops about 20% when i stand up also. I had an echocardiogram taken and it showed a mild case of tricuspid regurgitation. I find the dizzyness and weird activity the most after running around in a room filled with people. So im just wondering if i should be contacting a cardiologist or a doctor?
thanks,
Tags: Heart, help
Kate , as far as the tricuspid regurg there is really nothing to be concerned about. The way the Dr. explained it to me is that the right side of the heart only pumps blood to the lungs ,which is right next to it, so it does'nt have to pump very hard to get it there. Even severe regurg of the tricuspid is usally not a problem. But as far as the dizziness and fainting you should go to your doctor and ask him if you should be referred to a cardiologist