Heart Disease Community
tricuspid regurgitation

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

tricuspid regurgitation

Recently i have been having symptoms such as sever fainting or dizzyness through exercise and fatigue. I have Low blood pressure that drops about 20% when i stand up also. I had an echocardiogram taken and it showed a mild case of tricuspid regurgitation. I find the dizzyness and weird activity the most after running around in a room filled with people. So im just wondering if i should be contacting a cardiologist or a doctor?
thanks,
Tags: Heart, help
Kate , as far as the tricuspid regurg there is really nothing to be concerned about. The way the Dr. explained it to me is that the right side of the heart only pumps blood to the lungs ,which is right next to it, so it does'nt have to pump very hard to get it there. Even severe regurg of the tricuspid is usally not a problem. But as far as the dizziness and fainting you should go to your doctor and ask him if you should be referred to a cardiologist
Who did the echocardiogram of heart.......was it not reviewed by a cardiologist????  If by chance it wasn't, you need to see a cardiologist to  make sure the mild diagnosis is correct. I have severe tricuspid regurgitation and it eventually will lead to right heart failure and possible liver damage down the road if I don't have surgery.  If your case is truly mild regurgitation, it's probably no big deal but you need to have a competent cardiologist make that call. Something quick and relatively inexpensive you could do while waiting to see cardiologist would be to have a std blood chemistry profile done at an Anylab test for about $76 (get back results in a day or two). If you hadn't had a physical in a while, it's prudent to do that anyway. If you have any slightly elevated liver enzymes that you've never noticed before, this might be a hint that the regurgitation may be affecting liver. That is what prompted me to start investigating my situation.

Best of luck.
Just an FYI, this post is 4 1/2 years old.