trivial tricuspid regurgitation & trivial mitral regurgitation?
Hey all,
So had to go to GP for another issue but found out that my ECHO report came in this am.. This was the conclusion on it:

1: Normal left Ventricular size and systolic function(no significant anteroseptal wall motion abnormality)
2: trivial tricuspid regurgitation & trivial mitral regurgitation

So what does this mean.. no heart attack right? (Yeah!! if so :) ) Does this regurgitation thing cause the EKG to read the way it was(poor r wave progression or something,)?
And also GP said that the leakage is trivial, so no big deal.
Is this correct?(it was not GP and I have not seen cardio yet)

Thanks!
Just noticed this as well,
"There is a trace pericardial effusion, which is hemodynamically insignificant"

I know it says insignificant, but is this what is causing my EKG, poor r waves?

Also says this(it's not under concuctions, just under findings)
"Aortic regurgitation is trivia, mitral regurgitation is trivial and tricuspid regurgitation is trivial. Pulmonary arterial pressure is estimated to be 27 mmHg."

And I'm just confused as the GP says it's nothing.. But I'm still not feeling well somedays. Still getting light headed.. dizzy.. short of breath..tightness in chest.  I feel like the GP pretty much just said it's all in my head when he told me it's  nothing. I guess I will wait to hear back from cardiologist?  I am on the beta blockers for the arrhythmia. but they are not working 100%.. so maybe that is why I still get like this?

Q: 1: Normal left Ventricular size and systolic function(no significant anteroseptal wall motion abnormality)
Q: 2: trivial tricuspid regurgitation & trivial mitral regurgitation

>>>>>>If you have or had heart attack of any medical significance almost always there would heart wall movement impairment and systolic function (pumping phase) would have a reduction of the volume of blood pumped with each heartbeat.

Trivial, mild, etc. description of valve leakage is considered medically insignificant and of no consequence for progression or symptoms.

Poor R wave progression is a vague term and relates to the function of the EKG and represents a change in voltage on specified leads. It could also be improper lead placement. But heart cell damage from a prior heart attack can't be ruled out so an echo would be the test going forward.  The echo is negative for any heart cell damage.

Ken
Just noticed this as well,

>>>>>There is a sac surrounding the heart, and between the sac and heart there is normally some fluid.  Sometimes there is an increase of fluids, but has been analyzed as insignificant.  It would have no bearing on r waves.

Regarding PAH has been answered on your other post. Your symptoms could be related to PAH, and/or other causes as well such as medication, etc.

Thanks for your question, take care

Ken
thanks Ken, will post a question I have to the other thread since it is related to that.

gud am...
im 44yrs. old and has trivial mitral regurgitation, in findings thru 2DEcho..no complicated.Does it mean that I can work?. My agency gave me a referral to take medical exam and the clinic unfit me because of that reason. Does it mean that having trivial MR  cannot find/work me anymore which my job is documentation officer only? thanks for answering my question
Hi there,

I am really puzzled with this as there is absolutely NO reason why the clinic should declare you unfit for work with Mitral valve prolapse (trivial MR) and you should go back and dispute it.

The condition you have is called Mitral valve prolapse / MVP / Barlow's syndrome and 20% of the population suffers from that, most of them asymptomatic and undiagnosed as having MVP is very common and not a serious condition.

You don't even have to mention trivial MVP on any job applications as it creates unnecessary questions and confusion for those who do not have a medical background.