Heart Disease Community
twisted aorta

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

twisted aorta

i need to know if twisted aorta would show up in a stress test??
i have been having chest pain for almost 4 yrs there about, and
i had a stress test done, and dr. wanted to do more test, but i no longer had health insurance,
i am not sure is twisted aorta is hareditary or not, i just had a chance to ask my uncle what his heart desease was, since he was in prision i never asked, but i finaly asked him..
i have had 2 relitives die of heart falure but i beleave that has to do with being obess (fat) my grandma and my uncle, but the uncle who has twisted aorta well is skinny, and alive, so i need info on this..
i have no medical insurance so i cant afford to get test done, please help me out...
i have had several ekg's done as well
Avatar n tn
i also have this tortuous aorta and i am hypertensive. am sure this is the cause of my being hypertensive because all my blood tests are normal even my cholesterol is very normal . m cardiologist said that i have nothing to worry about this  
So you just found out that your uncle has a twisted aorta, do I have that right?  And you want to know if you might have one, also?  And you had a stress test done a few years ago, and now you want to know, if you do have a twisted aorta, would it have shown up on the stress test?  

Well, I never heard of twisted aorta showing up on a stress test.  I don't think that's what a stress test is designed to look for.  Normally, if a doctor wants to check for a twisted aorta, he will order some type of imaging like a CT scan or MRI.  

But were the results of your stress test normal? Because if they were, then it means nothing at all showed up on your stress test, not a twisted aorta or anything else.  

It shouldn't cost you anything to get the report of your stress test.  You can contact the office of the doctor that ordered it, and ask for a copy of the results.  If you want help interpreting what the report says, come back after you get the paperwork and post word-for-word what it says under Results, Impression, Conclusion, or Diagnosis.  There will be some heading like that that will tell what the doctor thought it all meant.  

Are you having some pain or problems that are causing you to ask about this?