two heart valves instead of 3
My 33 year old son was diagnosed as having mitro valve last year.  Today, he was told it isn't mitro value but that he has two heart valves instead of 3.  The person adminstering the test said it was nothing to be concerned about.

Is it something to be concerne about?

This discussion is related to **important..
I'm not sure I understand your question.  We all have 4 valves, but sometimes an indiviudal may have 2 leaflets instead of 3 leaflets with the aortic vavle.  The aortic valve is a one-way valve between the heart and the aorta, the main artery from the heart that distributes oxygen-rich blood to the body. Normally, the aortic valve has three small flaps or leaflets that open widely and close securely to regulate blood flow, allowing blood to flow from the heart to the aorta and preventing blood from flowing backwards into the heart.

In bicuspid aortic valve disease (BAVD), the valve has only two leaflets. With this deformity, the valve doesn’t function perfectly, but it may function adequately for years without causing symptoms or obvious signs of a problem.