Heart Disease Community
undiagnosed chest pain

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

undiagnosed chest pain

does anyone here have undiagnosed chest pains as i have been getting them really bad for about 6 years now and really don't know what to do.....i've tried everything :(
What type of tests have you had done?  I have had all cardiac workups (except cardiac cath) and they pretty much came back negative.  I had 1 EKG (out of say 10) show right bundle branch block but the cardio did not seem concerned about it since none of the others showed it.  I was also diagnosed with a hiatal hernia which from what I have read can cause "heart attack" symptoms.  Have you looked into possible GI problems?  I was symptom free for almost 4 months and now my chest, shoulder and arm pain is back but I have also been stressed lately with house hunting.  I would really like to figure out the cause....
I have had many chest xrays, 3 or 4 ECG's been to 3 chest specialists a neroligist, been the my locol doc to many times to count..thats about it for tests...i have looked into cronic (chronic) plerisy, I have looked into having any digestive problems.....i'm seeing a physio at the moment for muscular sclerosis but i think i'm going down the wrong road....just don't know what else to try.
not many weeks ago it was so bad i though i was having a heart attach :(
I too have "atypical chest pain"  Been the GI route, I do have some problems but shouldn't be causing the chest pain.......  Scared am thinking about an antidepressant for the anxiety this is causing.

I have been dealing with these pains for a long time now and its only effects my emotions when they are extremely bad...but still does get me down from time to time.just want to know what it is...nothing apart from drinking alcohol makes it worse..and coz its under my chest wall its hard to pin point exactly where the pain is coming from..im willing to try anything.
The only thing i havent had is a scan but cant seem to get the docs to give me one.!
Initially 5 years ago this was ago it was all upper GI with me.  In the last 6 months started to have left sided chest, back, shoulder pain.  2 ER visits in last 6 weeks one they fixated on the chest pain and the second they worked up the abdominal pain.  I had some cardiac workup 2 years ago.  An echo and a holter but never a stress test.  I don't exercise much as I never know when this is going to happen again.  My MD still thinks this is mostly GI with me.  I am 37 years old married with 2 boys (8and 12)  I have low blood pressure and my total chol is mod elevated.  I'm about 5 lbs overweight.  I'm 4'11 and 124 lbs.  I've got another call into my doc.....
I have a blood disorder called Thrombophilia and one of the systems is chest pain. Get a blood test and have them check for this disorder.
Hi thanks for your information, i have had loads of blood tests and always they come back normal.
I'm pretty heathly apart from these horrible chest pains, i'm only 27 and about the right weight for my size 13.5stone and height 6ft2
Im seeing a physo at the moment but that seems to be a wast of time.

Hi wasley81. I saw your post on another website. I am a 22 year old male going through the same exact think that you are. I used to smoke alot of canibus and thats what caused it. I read your oyher post and our symptoms are EXACT. Ease get back to me!!!! I want to k ow how your doing and if you figured this out!!!