Heart Disease Expert Forum
unexplained symptoms

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

unexplained symptoms

I have been having unexplained upper chest pain...it tends to be a throbbing sort of pain along with my heartbeat...other times it is vague and heavy...sometimes I get dizzy...but generally, it doesn't get worse with cardiovascular exercise, but may pound harder than it should...Exercise, in particular weighlifting (even light), makes the chest pain worse after the event for many hours to 1 day (i will have squeezing, throbbing pain when I lay down that night after even light weight lifting). It's usually much better when I wake up.  I can almost literally sense some major artery squeezing and hurting inside my upper chest chest.  At least that is the sensation I get, especially bad on the night i lift any weights.
Often, I wake up with bilateral numbness along the ulnar pathways in my hands which resolves simultaneously when I sit up.
I have also developed a definate heaviness in my right arm at the shoulder with altered skin sensations compared to the left arm (the light skin rub test comparing left to right side), the arm is very easily fatigued but isn't necessiraly weak as in i cant lift a certain weight.  My right ankle/top of my foot also tends to feel the same way on and off, but to a far less extend than my arm. I have no actual weakness, but just altered sensations and constant heavy feeling in the right arm / shoulder / stiff and easily tired feeling in right arm.
I went to the emergency room and had the usual blood tests, clotting factors, head CT, chest Xray, EKG, or Echocardiogram.
Is there anything else important to check for and what do my symptoms suggest???  Aortic dissection?  Bottom line,, Do my symptoms suggest anything cardiac in nature,  if not where should I go looking?
These symptoms do not strike me as cardiac in nature at all.  Although, some patients may present atypically.  Nonetheless, based on what you describe above, I would be more concerned about musculoskeletal causes of chest pain, and likely a neuropathic pain in your shoulder and arm.  You didn't state your age, therefore, it is harder for me to come up with any diagnosis.
I am 31 / male / 250 pounds

Given that the  pain generally doesn't get alot worse during exercise (cardiovascular)

And given that my chest isn't tender in any way when you press on it

What do you think i should have done  do I need a chest CT, would that be a good "final test"  to make sure everything is in order and that I can just relax?

Does this seem like possibly an inflamed artery in my chest
Or a subtle aortic abnormality or some sort perhaps?

Could this be part of a systemic inflamation (inflammation)?  I have unexplained gastritis, proctitis and bad headaches all the time  that haven't been explained or well controlled with therapy.
It could be any of those things you describe.  The common things are the most likely and they are what I alluted to earlier.  the rare conditions which you describe are less likely in you and they usually occur in the setting of a larger syndrome.  typically, when the simple tests do not provide the right aswers or the therapeutic interventions don't help is when we reach for the more sophisticated tests to look for the not so common conditions.  Your doctor should coordinate this process.