Heart Disease Expert Forum
update-Sweating on chest

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

update-Sweating on chest

Hello, thank you for your response to me. I wanted to let you know that I visited my doctor today, and he told me that my chest pain was due to a spasm in my neck or spine and told me how to sleep at night. I just awoke from a nap and my chest was wet with sweat. Only my chest nowhere else. This happened last night as well. I am feeling generally really clammy and unwell. I know you cannot diagnose, but with this new info. can you tell me if this sounds like a heart issue? Thank you once again for your help.
_
Dear Cassidy, thank you for your question.  I have never heard of someone sweating only on the chest.  I'm not sure what could be causing this to happen, but it could be that you are having a fever from the flu or some other infection that could be causing you to sweat and feel unwell.  I doubt this is caused by a cardiac problem.
I hope you find this information useful.  Information provided in the heart forum is for general purposes only.  Only your physician can provide specific diagnoses and therapies. Please feel free to write back with additional questions.  Good luck!
If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Heart Center website at www.ccf.org/heartcenter.   The Heart
Center website contains a directory of the cardiology staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your cardiac problem.