Heart Disease Expert Forum
upper body pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

upper body pain

I'm a 30 year old male with a family history of heart problems on my mom's side (uncle had first heart attack at 29, died before 40).  I have been having pain in my upper body for about a year now.  The pain usually last for several minutes or longer and is generally in my chest or in my arms, but I've also felt it in my shoulders, under my armpits and even in my jaw a couple times.  I've also felt tingling in my fingers once in a while.  The pain is never really that bad (3/10), but enough to worry me.  When it first started happening I went to the doc and had an EKG which was normal, had my cholesterol checked which came up excellent and my blood pressure was high/normal, but nothing extreme.  I am extremely active and fit and I've never felt slowed down by the pain in any way even during intense physical activity.  Is this possibly heart related or does the fact that I can exercise without problems eliminate that?  Thanks!
The fact hat you can exercise without limits is very reassuring.  It is extremely unlikely that the pain you are describing is related to CAD.