vegetation, MVP and repair
I am an active 71 year old male. I have vegetation attached to one or both leaflets as a result of recent endocarditis. I also have MVP, although the valve function has not deteriorated as a result of the endocarditis. My cardiologist is concerned that the vegetation can break loose and cause a stroke.

Can a valve with vegetation be repaired or must it be replaced? If there is a choice, are there advantages to one over the other? Who would you recommend in the New York City area if a repair is contemplated?
The valve needs to be replaced because once a valve is infected it is very hard to completely eradicate the
     infection. I don't know the surgical situation in NY. You will have to trust the judement of your doctor to refer you
     to someone good.
A related discussion, heart vegetation was started.