Aa
A
A
Close
viral infection
last Dec. my grand son was being treated for pneumonia, at 9:00 am he was seen by his doctor, and was to be released that afternoon, at 4:00 PM he started having seizures,he was put on life support. all attempts to keep him alive failed.
he died later the next day. The doctors said he had a viral infection that weakened his heart. Could this have been detected earlier??  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
342425 tn?1241383064
   I am so sorry for your lost.  I'm not sure about a viral infection.  Last January my 3 year old had pneumonia and was referred to Ark Childrens hospital because it had spread to the outer parts of his lungs and was then called empyema.  He had to have surgery to scrape all the infection out and inject antiobiotics on his lungs and then install a chest tube to drain all the infection out.  His heart rate stayed up near the 200 beats per minute.   It was very scary.  At any time he could have went into cardiac arrest.  Thank God he did not.  It would seem like to me they could have caught it earlier.  Again I am so sorry for your lost.      Jana
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1480750569
Blank
Netherlands