waking up with heart rate elevated
first of all thank you in advance for your time.

I am an axiety suffered...but have managed to really get it under controll! that is great news!
however, each and everynight...I seem to awaken from a sound sleep with an elevated heart rate. At first, this triggered an anxiety attack...and I was up all night...and my elevated heart rate continued for quite some time.

now I just tell myself its nothing to worry about...and i go back to sleep. Anyways...I am concerned however that since this is happening almost everynight..and direct from a sound sleep....that it may be something else. I am in great health oherwise...no medication or caffeine...etc.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I have had a few nights where I wake up suddenly with a fast heart rate or high heart rate numbers.
or just wake up normal with high rate at times.  
this mostly happend when I switched medications (with doctors help) or didnt have enough medications to slow the rate down at night - I was put on xl extended release medication that works day and night -  so you dont wake up suddenly or unexpected or normal with fast heart rate or high heart rate numbers.  also doctors might up the doseage on meds to stop this.  been there done that !

If your not on anything best to check your b.p and pulse bpm. see where you are numbers wise.
if high, best to see a Doctor about it asap !  if low same deal.   if normal figures - you might something to calm you down  and stop the axiety you have.    

you might try Natural Calm powder drink .  it works wonders for this.. and its all Natural ..
so no side effects !

but if your worried about it.. best to see a good Doctor.  
take care best wishes.
hey thanks...I have never heard of natural calm...but will look into it right away. Doctor had told me that my heart is in good shape...but not sure what he can tell by just litening. my heart rate is normal. I excercise daily...and my resting rate is i the mid 60s. I believe it is anxiety related...but I truly appreciate your advice.