weaning off or stopping calcium channel blocker and beta blockers
I have been on both Cardizem CD and atenolol for 8 years.  I was told by my cardiologist (I have only seen this doctor about 3 times in those 8 years, the cardiologist that prescribed them as moved out of state) this last week that I do not need to be on either one, that there is nothing wrong with my heart and that I do not need these medications. He however, is not willing to help me get off them and that my family doctor should work with me to get off of them.  My family doctor is not that familiar with me either, due to insurance reasons I have had to switch doctors, she said she feels it should be up to the cardiologist to help me get off them.  As it stands, I am in the middle of them "passing the buck".  I am to call my cardiologist tomorrow and find out what he suggests for getting weaned off and then proceed from there.  What is your suggestion on how to proceed with this matter.  

This discussion is related to Weaning off meds?.