Heart Disease Community
weird ICD question...

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

weird ICD question...

I know this is going to sound REALLY weird, so bear with me....anyone with a Boston Scientific Teligen 100 or other ICD ever feel anything weird going on in your ankle/foot area?

I've had twinges the last 3 or 4 days that feel like I have zapping sensations in my R ankle area that are non stop...it's as if you were listening to an extension cord with a short or one of those annoying warehouse overhead lights with a short [ugh]

I've had problems with this ICD since implant with loss of capture issues and told it may be a fractured or leaking lead.  I'm going to ask in the dr forum also and try to get in with my EP but it takes months to get in to see him.

If anyone has any info or had this happen I would really appreciate info.
Tags: ICD
Is your ICD implanted on top or below the muscle??

There is an alert issued in 2009 on Taligent and Cognis devices implanted under the muscle because they can lose the header of the ICD, to which the leads are attached, from the body of the ICD.

Here is the alert:

http://icdusergroup.blogspot.com/2009/12/boston-scientific-advisory-issued-on.html

Jesus
thanks for the response; mine is top of the muscle (forgot what that's called) but I remember the alert and had to see my dr in Dec 2009 for them to check the device but this really makes me wonder