Heart Disease Community
what is it in my stomach?

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

what is it in my stomach?

Hello, Well these past 2 weeks ago my boyfriend was resting his head on my stomach and suddenly he could hear a heart beat... The thing is i can feel it somtimes and movement too! And im wondering what it could be because im freaked out and i don't know if i am pregnant or not. I have just got my period but it isn't normal and he can still hear the heart beat but the thing is my heart and the beat in my stomach are not the same sounds! do you know what i should do please...

This discussion is related to I can see my heart beat on my stomach...?.
He wouldn't be able to hear a baby heartbeat with just his ears at your belly.
so what would u suggest it is? as it is really close to my belly button and i have no clue what it is...
and my heart and it's heart are not the same beat do you think i should go to the doctors ?
Yes, go to the doctor, especially if you think you are pregnant.  Feeling a baby doesn't usually happen till the 4 month of pregnancy and that is just little flutters.

What is the heart rate (how many beats per minute) of what your boyfriend is hearing?

You can hear a similar sound to a heartbeat when you are close to large arteries. Such as when you over exercise and hear your heart beat as a 'swishing' in your ears. I don't think I have babies in my ears, well I hope not lol. The Stomach is quite high up, I assume he had his head on your lower abdomen? the Stomach is actually very close to the heart.
As a last thought, ask your boyfriend to keep his head away from your stomach, Ive seen that film alien

Sorry, I couldnt avoid that. I guess im in a silly mood today.
Ed-I was thinking the same thing :)

If the boyfriend is laying his head on her abdomen and pushing hard enough he could be hearing his own heart rate.  I was going to ask what the "belly" heart rate is, what her's is and what his is.

The moving around could be gas.