Heart Disease Community
what is small artery disease?

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

what is small artery disease?

I have small artery disease  I am told by my Cardiac  Doctor , but he says that I  do not have heart disease,  I have shortness of breath and chest pain when I am walking for a couple of miles or when I am biking for a couple of miles or sometimes just going up and down the stairs. I take Nytro tablets which takes the shortness  of breathe away and takes the pain in my chest and arm away. I have had a heart cathe and mutiple ekg all of which have yet to show any damage or any blochage.  I am 47 years old and in good shape I work out 3 times a week doing cardiac and pilates as well as weights. I also have rhematoid arthitis that is in semi  remission. My question is what am to do he wants to put me on a nytro tablet to open my arteries all day long thus eleminating my need for frequent us of nytro when I am doing physical exercise or it is hot and humid. What are the long term affects of this and could I be in danger of a sudden heart attack.

This discussion is related to Small Artery Disease.