what to do ?
I have recentky started feeling pauses in my heaart beats ,I have had every  heart test possible. Including aheart cathe. have been to every major heart clinic on the east coast.{ Mayo Clinic in Florida, Duke, Winston, Chapelhillin North Carolina and they all tell me the same thing. They cant find any problem at all. This all started back in 2007 but i never had the pauses until the last few weeks,.It really scares me. I am 40 years old and consider myself in good shape.I eat good, no sodas,just milk, juice, tea and water(occasional beer).I have started mountain biking which is extreme cardio and im not to sure if this is what has brought this problem on..I don'tknow if i should stop riding or just krrp on pushing.  I have read alot of the posts on here which make me feel a little better. If anyone would like to give me some advice, I would like it so much !!!  Thnks!

This discussion is related to heart skips.
Relax and let go of any fear.  The fact that you did follow up with all the testing should put your mind at ease.  These "pauses" are so common and in most cases benign.  I started feeling the "fluttering" in my 20s, and was told that they were quite common and harmless.  I then developed a "click" that could be heard by my husband in bed at night.  Again, this was benign and was more a nuisance than anything else.  In 2007 I developed SVTs that were terrifying to me.  They would take my breath away and made me feel very lightheaded.  I was treated for these with an antiarryhthmic drug, but after 9 months I stopped taking it.  Seems the nasty side effects were scary and I got tired of having to be monitored while on the drug.  It did work though and the SVT episodes have not returned.  I described the feeling as "my heart would stop and start again"  I could feel the missed beat in the pulse in my wrist. As long as you feel ok doing the amount of exercise I would encourage you to continue.  I have had a couple of heart attacks and suffer with heart spasms and I exercise to keep my heart in shape.  Just pay attention to your body and let go of any fears.  It's the fear that will get you every time.  Take care, Ally