when to change doctors
I have had a few tests and visits with a cardiologist. My family doctor recommended this doctor after an abnormal EKG. My last visit the cardiologist actually has my wondering if I need to switch. I had been taking for the first time Coreg generic and I told the dr I was having trouble remembering to take the 2nd dose so was there a BP med that I could take once a day. I will say my blood pressure was very high in the office. I had forgotten my sheet (after a hectic morning) that gave bp readings for the last month. My pb had been good when taken at home which I shared. I also share that I take Vyvanse prescribed by my family dr. Well, the cardiologist actually exhibited anger towards me. My pb spikes in a doctor's office. He angrily snapped at me and said will check with my family dr about the Vyvanse - insinuating it was prescribed maybe? He had known all along and in my chart that I take Vyvanse. I just feel like this doctor was mad at me and angry - instead of helping me. For the life of me I can't understand why except that I forgot my bp data sheet. I had the blood work done he had prescribed and we also talked about that.

It's like I can almost assure you that even with better bp on Coreg CR, my bp will spike in his office in a couple weeks at follow-up. Now I'm scared of this guy. I also told him I was on Jenny Craig for losing weight (and have lost 15 pounds) - he still put me on Coreg CR which is impeding my weight loss. I understand my heart is more important - but I went on a weight loss management to help my heart.

I'm just at a loss as to follow through with this dr that acted unprofessionally or start over - my mother recommends another guy in the practice - or can I now see my family physician for blood pressure meds?

Seeking guidance. Thank you in advance.
Error in my post - the doctor actually seen to insinuate that my Vyvanse may have not been prescribed by my family dr. This is just my guess based on how he responded when I told him who prescribed it.
Oh geez, "seem to insinuate". Wish there was an edit option. I obviously need it. '-)
If you have the option of changing cardiologists, why not try to find somebody that you feel more comfortable with.  In the meantime, yes, you can talk to your PCP about the blood pressure issue.  If the PCP changes any of your meds, and you do end up going back to the same cardiologist, then well, doctors see people all the time whose medications have been changed by another doctor.  Do what you need to do, and don't worry about it.  Life is too short.
Thanks skydnr. I appreciate your taking the time to reply.
I called and switched to another cardiologist who was highly recommended for having better bedside manner and thorough explanations.
Good luck with your new cardio.  Third one was the charm for me, LOL.