wine, lying down and pac's
I do not drink often, however if I have even 1 glass of wine my heart will palpitate terribly when I go to bed, even if that is 5 or 6 hours after I drank that glass of wine. If I get up to walk around it will stop. The minute I lay back down it starts again. It will last for sometimes 3-4 hours. I have been diagnosed with PAC's. My confusion is why with a glass of wine and then why do the PAC's first start like 5 hours after the wine and only when lying down. Does this happen to anyone else?
Alcohol is a big trigger for a lot of people, and it doesn't take much.  As far as it taking a long time, I know a glass of red wine can irritate my PACs for up to two DAYS.  It's a pain but fortunately I don't drink much or often ;)  I also get them when first lying down, for no apparent reason.
Wine and/or any kind of alcohol gives me PACs too - I hate the fact that I can't even enjoy a drink anymore!  And Anacyde, I also have PACs sometimes right after lying down, also for no apparent reason.  Strange!
Thanks for responding. My doctor told me I could talke atentol or something like that but I drink so seldomly that I choose not especially because all of the beta blockers that I have read have so many side effects. My Dr. even told me to tolerate them without meds if its possible. YOu are so right when you say, it gets you mad that you can not enjoy a drink. We had a Christmas party last week and I had one glass of wine at 7:00 p.m. which took me till 8:00 to drink. I went to bed at midnight and it immediately started and lasted till 4:00 a.m. I had white wine but red makes it worse definately. I guess I stick to the sprite or 7 up as caffeine does it also.

Yes, avoid beta blockers/meds if you can. I took low dose Metoprolol for a few months for pvcs, and had side effects. Dizzy, fatigue, and worst... Depression. Everyone different, but not good for me.