withdrawal from atenolol
I was experiencing severe side affects from taking atenolol. I have been off the medication for 6 weeks and am still very ill. The symptoms are disorientation, dizziness, fainting, extreme weakness, neuropathic leg pain, pins and needles all over my body, nausea and vomiting, bowel problems, sleep difficulties (wake up frequently, vivid dreams),  exhaustion when I awake, eyelids droop noticeably, and I often must lay down and fall into a coma like state. When I am able to rouse myself out of this state I am disoriented. Recent blood work results are fine and the Doctor says what I am experiencing is not related to the atenolol cessation. She wants to put me on an antidepressant medication but I am fearful of further neurological effects. I have searched the web for encouragement that I will get better. If it's not atenolol what could it be?
You will have to trust your doctor and go on antidepressant medication, etc.  The forum provides general information but cannot provide a diagnosis or treatment.  The symptoms you express does not relate to any heart disorder syndrome, and your condition may have concomitant health issues. I doubt very much all the medical problems you cite would be related to atenolol cessation. Hope it works out for you.  
get a brain scan i had some of the same problems you have sick  sick and took 10yrs to find my problem i had a pea sized ulcer in my douanul a old time doctor put me in front of a florscope it show i having bad spamins got a GI found my problem a ulcer of pea size did you get checked for that this was when i was 30y/o i sipped on ice water one day i started to feel better i was so bad i wanted to end it all anyway there might be private problems that can cause some of those symtoms i know when i was given atenolol after a HA no its not that Are you lonely trying to escape from somethings a mlnd is a wonderful thing also it can distory you if u let it You might try a group of ppl  look for help in one of those clinics you never know i dont know what the other side of u only what u wrote good luck wish u well