Heart Disease Expert Forum
wolfe parkinson white

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

wolfe parkinson white

This question is on behalf of a young relative who has recently been diagnosed with Wolfe Parkinson White Syndrome, in her early teens.  She also appears to have an associated condition involving blood pressure(whose name I can't remember.)  She was diagnosed after her first episode of unconsciousness, and has had several more within a few weeks.  Ablation has been suggested, and meantime beta-blockers have been prescribed.  Is it a good idea to go ahead with the ablation, when it is not certain which of the two conditions is actually causing the spells of unconsciousness?
Dear Susan,

Ablation is the therapy of choice and eliminates the need for medication. I would go ahead with that at this time.
Hi Susan,
     My daughter was also diagnosed with WPW when she was 8 years old.  Her pediatric cardiologist recommended the RFA procedure for her instead of meds.  She is now 13 and is completely cured.  Good Luck to your friend.
I meant to your young relative ;-)
Thank you both for the reassurance.
Thank you for your comments.
About "wolfe Parkinson white"

Hi, I've got a brother Who 18 year's old and has been Diagnosed with wolfe Parkinson white about 10 years ago. He also has severely Asthma.
recently my brother went to the hospital with severely complaints about his heart condition, blackouts, and pain in his chest, left arm, and his heart.
The doctors there wanted my brother to take an operation with would mean that they where going to catheter ablation, in order to try to find the leak and then seal that leak. (with laser technology) this would cure his WPW syndrome.

But, the doctors said that the would be a 2% change of failure, witch result in the necessarily use of a peace maker.

my question: Is this a very accurate percentage?
             and what other risks are involved.

Best regards,

Louis Reedijk
***@****

Dear louis,

this is a very fair estimate.