Heart Disease Expert Forum
worried about a problem please help me

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

worried about a problem please help me

I went to see my EP doc. and he said he doesn't know if I have brugada it's a unclear case he showed me on the ekg V1 is elevated Im scared cause the EP doc. said it's no test out there to diagnosed brugada and I want to rule this out Is that what are signs on EKG for Brugada? not getting no symptons Im a 34 yrs old woman My dad died 48 of a massive heart attack can't focus cause Im scared Ill get sudden cardiac arrest it's life threating please help me so scared I have this.
bip,

Thanks for the post.

Since you're seeing an EP doctor and he's given you an equivocal answer -- Im assuming there may be more to your post than I can dicern from the details you've included.  Either way, you do have an early family history of cardiac disease/death, so you should be concerned with your overall health. Unfortunately, I can't see your ecg, echo or tell about other histroical points such as arrythmias or chest pain or syncope.  I would also be interested in those symptoms in other family members.

Aside from normal variants of the ecg, there are other causes of abnormalities you discuss. Aslo, diagnosing Brugada syndrome is not straight-forward as it exists in many forms. The syndrome is inherited as an autosomal dominant trait, so in the typical form, you would definitely see other family members with the disease. However, the pattern of inheritance varies and in some cases the typical electrocardiographic pattern is often absent or transitory.

The syndrome is most common in men of South East Asian origin, but it has been described in other age groups and ethnic origins.

I think if you are that concerned, I would seek out a specialist at a teritary referral center that can work with your physician to come to a better point of comfort. I can't say you will have a definite answer, but your level of worry needs to be decreased in order for you to continue to lead a normal life.

good luck

See a good Ep doc there is a flecainide test they can give you that should bring out true Brugada syndrome. In the maintime try and relax I know its easier said than done.Good luck.
hey have i read wher you take atenolol , i have started it about 3 weeks ago, and it helps with plaps even thought last two days have been bad. but it seems to wear off faster than the timolol i was on for 10 years. i take 12.5 am but looks like i might have take 12.5 evening to . if you do take this hows it been for you . thanks
Thats correct atenolol is not as long acting for some as once thought, I take 100mg daily in divided doses, usually 25mg 4 times daily to avoid break through tachycardia, since I have been on it I have no tachycardia whatsoever. My cardiologist fully agrees with the way I take it and says that he has found out the same thing with many of his patients. Discuss taking it in divided doses twice daily with your doctor/cardio, I could take the 50mg twice daily, but I take 25mg just about 15 minutes before eating because usually after meals is when my heartrate would increase.Good luck, hope it works out for you.
thank you i will discuss this with my cardio when i go in monday , it seem to hold the palps/flutters down but i have had two days of them and not sure am getting enough to keep them where i want them and that would be GONE lol. thank you again have a great day