Heart Disease Community
worried to get swian flu jab?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

worried to get swian flu jab?

i dont know to get swin flu jab or not ,iam taking bisoprolol 1.25 a day for my irregular heart beat.please answer my question.
thanks
I have found in the past that those that tell me how bad the flu shot can be on your body are the same people that experimented with mind altering drugs in the 60's and 70's.  In my case, I get the flu shot annually and a pneumonia shot every 5 years without any adverse reactions.  I am on a beta blocker, ace inhibitor and calcium channel blocker along with 2 forms of nitrates and a fenofibrate.
I was asked by my Doctor if I will have the flu jab, they recommended it. I refused because the ones I'm vaccinated against never seem to be the ones I catch. The jabs actually make me feel rough for several weeks too, like I have the flu. Never again for me. If I was very old then I would consider it more carefully.

I got a call from my surgery and was told because of my heart condition I needed the flu jab. Both my parents get it and they have not had any problems.although another person I know who gets the jab every year did say he feels down for a few days. I had mine and must admit I have had no problems.

And I take 5mg Ramipril, 2.5 Bisoprolol, Aspirin etc.
I always get my flu shot and pneumonia shot like Chatty.  It just makes common sense.  A lot of people think a bad cold is the flu, and not a big deal.  A case of the flu you can get vaccinated for is a serious illness, and can knock down a strong person flat for a couple of weeks.  I caught it when eighteen years old and ended up in the hospital, and always get vaccinated every year.  A lot of scare stories come from vaccinations, and I think that British fellow who falsified test results to show that vaccinations can result in Autism caused a panic.
My father was a country doctor in a rural area, and did confide in me that flu and pneumonia was the 'old person's  friend' in that it took ill people rather quickly to their Maker, which they welcomed.
I'm old enough to remember when injections of antibiotics weren't available, as they were reserved for those wounded during WWII.  Like most children, I got ear infections, and the way they were treated is worth noting and remembering:  we were rolled up in a rug and a red hot red wire was inserted through the eardrum.  A shot would have been much less invasive, believe me!  Don't fear the ***** of an injection, it's nothing.

just as a matter of interest, of the many mutations of flu out there, which ones do they vaccinate against? it's impossible to do them all and they do mutate.
That's a great point, and exactly why flu vaccines are updated yearly.  From what I have read, the most severe strains are of course the focus.  

For whatever reason , my word that described the feeling we get with an injection was edited out in my post.  I used the word closely associated with what a bee does when we feel the pain when we anger them.  

Thanks all of u for Ur answers, what my Gp said don't listen to people , the vaccine is nothing nothing , so for who does scare please go and get a shot asap,  I am going to have one on Wednesday the both seasonal flu and swine flu , 2 in one injection .
Thanks again
Good luck
The trouble is, a virus cannot reproduce without a host, and in particular, without access to the dna of a host. It basically uses your dna to make copies of itself and can quickly adapt, mutate. This is why some viruses such as AIDS are so difficult to attack, they alter their outer shell virtually every time they reproduce, making vaccines useless as quickly as they are developed. Did you know that some viruses have adapted to use the hosts brain, to control the victim. For example, there is a virus which has adapted to use a particular area of the cats brain and change its personality. It reduces the killer instinct, making the animal play with its prey a lot more, giving the virus a chance to get into that host too. The virus can get into humans, making them much more passive. Not all bad tho, we can hopefully use viruses in the future to alter our own dna, changing the code known to affect certain diseases. This is such a fascinating subject, I spent about 2 years studying it, but this is a heart forum so I had better sign off now lol.
Oh one more thing of interest. I'm not sure if it's still the case, but it used to be a few years back. The top 6 flu viruses in the US were used to create a vaccine in the UK, the top 6 in the UK were used by Australia. They tended to travel the globe in a particular direction. I suppose with air travel so busy these days, it would be a useless method.
was scared of the swian flu myself but gave in and got the shot i take a bete blocker myself and a few others . had no problem with the shot at all, but the person who gave it to me put it into my muscle wow was arm acking that day and sore for the next two. but thats ok i can handle that . get your shot you will be ok.