Heart Disease Community
wrong angina diagnosis??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

wrong angina diagnosis??

Last week I had unusual chest pain, went to the clinic after making an appointment and was rushed to the hosp with unstable angina.  I had all the usual tests that showed nothing.  Mind you, I did not ask to be sent to the hospital from the clinic.  My doctor recommended a second opinion and set me up with an appt in the cardiology department.  My heart beats real hard at times with no real pain.  Then the ache starts.. It sort of feels like a pulled muscle on the left side.  With activity it moves to the center of the chest and starts to hurt.  It's not a sharp stabbing pain but a burning pain.  It's not heartburn.  My BP was 202/110 when I was rished in. During my follow-up appt, anxiety was discussed.  My BP still is rather high and I have high colesterol.  I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced these symptoms and had this type of initial diagnosis?  Also, I should add I am in menopause and took a new over the counter herbal remedy for menopause symptoms.  
What were all the "usual tests" that showed nothing? Were you actually diagnosed as having angina? You describe a burning pain upon exertion and an ache after a period of rapid heart beats. I sometimes have angina that is a dull slightly burning pain, but sometimes it is a raging dull burning pain.

It sounds like you could be having angina. You definitely need to get your BP and cholesterol under control.

Angina is really not a diagnosis, but is a symptom of either coronary artery disease (blockages) or coronary artery spasms. When the heart muscle does not receive enough blood through the coronary arteries, it causes pain called angina.

You may should read the side effects, if any of your herbal remedy. Hope you get some answers soon as to the cause of this pain, which could very well be angina.

Best,

Jack
don't ignore this............ did u have a stress test?  cath?
I was diagnosed several years ago with angna but as a result of a clear angioplasty told i didnt have angina ! but continue with the medication as heart disease is in my family!! I recently had a scan of my heart as my angina pain is coming more often particularly at the time of the month i would have had my period,the gtn spray releves the symptoms but im geting a bit worried now,or is it common to have the angina oain at the time of the month ?hope someone can shed somw light on this.

Irene